Release Notes for IDS NXT OS 2.6
These release notes describe the changes of the IDS NXT OS 2.6 which adds new features for vision apps and cameras.
- IDS NXT rio GS18031 color/mono
- IDS NXT rio GS23050 color/mono
- IDS NXT rio GS29016 color/mono
- IDS NXT rio RS18064 color/mono
- IDS NXT rome GS18031 color/mono
- IDS NXT rome GS23050 color/mono
- IDS NXT rome GS29016 color/mono
- IDS NXT rome RS18064 color/mono
IDS NXT OS 22.214.171.124 ⇑
New and changed functions
- A new GUI element was added to display information of a vision app in IDS NXT cockpit.
- It is possible to upload a test image to the camera that can be used by vision apps or the web server.
- A custom title can be set for the "Website" node of a vision app. This title is used as text for the "Website" button in the IDS NXT cockpit.
- The API documentation was improved.
- Corrected value types in "/statistics/change" to Integer.
- The maximum frame rate in freerun mode cannot be achieved while the IDS NXT cockpit is running.
- The Autoset vision app is no longer required as of IDS NXT OS 1.1. The Autoset vision app may cause errors when using binning, linescan mode, or sensor ROI. If the Autoset vision app is still installed and you update your camera to IDS NXT OS 2.6.0, the vision app should be deleted by performing a factory reset or via a REST command (
curl --verbose -u admin:<password> -X DELETE http://<ip-address>/vapps/autoset).
- If there is not enough free memory the image acquisition may freeze. This might happen in the following cases:
- If you try to enable a neural network (CNN) and there is not enough free memory, the vision app freezes. This can be solved by restarting the vision app.
- If you try to install a network and there is not enough free memory, the vision app freezes. This can be solved by restarting the vision app.
- If you increase the sensor ROI, new buffers with more memory are needed, this can cause the image acquisition to stop and the buffers cannot be created. This can be solved by changing the sensor ROI again and thus creating the buffers again, if there is enough memory available.
IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH
Dimbacher Str. 10
T: +49 7134 96196-0
© IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH, May 2022